Written by: Ms. Josephine Labasbas
Talakayan 2018 was held last November 21-23,2018 at Azzurro hotel, Balibago, Angeles City Pampanga. It was a 3 day Regional Assembly in the implementation of Social Protection Program/Services and liquidation of Projects funds transfers which was participated by the MSWDO, Municipal Accountant and Municipal Treasurer from the Local Government Unit of the provinces of Bulacan, Aurora and Nueva Ecija.
Day 1- Participants were asked to identify all the existing gaps in the implementation of SPPP and shared best practices in their own LGU. LGU Baliwag was also mentioned for being an outstanding LGU when it comes to the implementation of SFP as assessed by the DSWD central office staff.
Day 2- The following were discussed during the assembly:
- Total fund transfers in each LGU for the year 2018
- Policy of NO MORE FUND TRANSFER in 2019
- Pending Liquidation as of October 2018 such as:
- 50% completion of 2017 SLP budget that is only given until December 21,2018 to submit.
- 23% only liquidated in the SFP downloaded funds. For full liquidation in February 2019
- Scheduling of validation and assessment of Social Pension beneficiaries on December for period of 12 days only. Those will be assessed in deviation of qualification standards will be submitted to central office
- Sub- group Best Practices Output presentation
- Baliwag Best Practice – Malasakit Center, Hatidkalinga, HFVE
- PES implementation institutionalizing partnership with BCMC
- ECCD in baliwag ( provision of laboratory, washing areas, and weighing scales per center)