Subic Bay – The Training- Workshop on Streamlining Building Permit and Certificate of Occupancy for LGUs was conducted by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG)– Region III in collaboration with the Bureau of Local Government Division (BLGD) last October 10 to 12, 2018 at the Travelers Hotel and Event Center, Subic Bay Freeport Zone.
The Training-Workshop is one of the information campaigns of the DILG on the implementation of the Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018 or RA 11032 focusing on the streamlining of the issuance of the Construction Permits particularly the Building Permit and Certificate of Occupancy. It aims to apprised the LGUs on the law and also provide discussion on the Joint Memorandum Circular 2018-01 of DILG, Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
The salient features of the JMC 2018-01 include the following:
- Applicable for Simple Structures
- Set Standards Steps and Processing Time
- Unified Form for Application
- One time Assessment and Payment
- Promoting One-Stop Shop for Construction Permitting (OSCP)
- Enjoins LGUs to use checklist of procedures and requirements for building permits and certificates of occupancy
- Promote the use of evaluation checklist to standardized processes
- Encourage computerization and automation of processes
- Promotes data sharing among LGU Offices, BFP and LRA
- Continuing professional education for Building Officials
- Create an Oversight Committee on Construction Reforms to ensure implementation of reforms
Various lecture presentations and workshops were also given and facilitated by reputable speakers. Dep. Chief, FSED Inspector Marlo H. Serito of BFP Balanga City facilitated the discussion on the Processing of Fire Safety Evaluation Clearance and Fire Safety Inspection Certificate. The lecture on the implementation of the OSCP and simulation of getting Building Permit and Occupancy Permit was given by Mr. Efren De Leon of the Office of the Building Official of City of San Fernando.
The three-day training-workshop was participated by 100 participants from Central Luzon LGU functionaries including the Mayor’s Office, Building Official or Municipal Engineer, Municipal Treasurer, Zoning Officer, Fire Marshall of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and LNB Representative.