NDRRMC – SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #16
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
ISSUED AT:8:00 AM, 15 September 2018
TYPHOON “OMPONG” HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED AND IS NOW HEADING TOWARDS ILOCOS NORTE.
• Stormy weather is expected over the areas under TCWS #2,3 and 4.
• The Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) enhanced by the typhoon will bring gusty winds with occasional moderate to heavy rains over Western Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, ARMM, MIMAROPA and Bicol Region while scattered light to moderate to at times heavy rains over Eastern and Central Visayas. Residents in these areas, especially those living near river channels, in low-lying areas and in mountainous areas, are advised to take appropriate actions against possible flooding and landslides, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and to continue monitoring for updates.
• Possible Storm surge height in surge prone areas: up to 6 meters in Ilocos Norte; up to 2 meters in Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the seaboards of areas with TCWS and the seaboards of Luzon and of Visayas and northern and western seaboards of Mindanao.
• TCWS elsewhere is now lowered.
Location of eye/center: At 7:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “OMPONG” was located based on all available data in the vicinity of Kabugao, Apayao (18.0 °N, 121.1 °E)
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 185 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 305 km/h
Forecast Movement: Moving West at 30 km/h
24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 640 km West of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(19.8°N, 115.9°E)
48 Hour(Monday morning):1,295 km West of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR)(21.9°N, 109.6°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS#4 (Winds of 171 – 220 kph is expected in at least 12 hrs)
Ilocos Norte, Apayao, Abra, Kalinga, Babuyan Group of Islands
-Wave Height: (Open Sea) more than 14.0 meters
TCWS #3 (Winds of 121 -170 kph is expected in at least 18 hrs)
Cagayan, Batanes, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Mountain Province, Benguet, Ifugao, Northern Isabela
– Wave Height: (Open Sea) > 14.0 meters
TCWS#2 (61-120kph expected in 24 hrs)
Southern Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Aurora, Zambales, Quirino, Pampanga, Bulacan, Northern Quezon incl. Polillo Island
– Wave Height: (Open Sea) 4.1-14.0 meters
TCWS#1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
Bataan, Rizal, Metro Manila, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Rest of Quezon, Lubang Island
-Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.