April 4 to 7, 2018 – Rural Health Physician, Dra. Ma. Rosario “Charrie” H. Esguerra and Municipal Health Officer, Dra. Mary Joan Dinlasan, had a privilege to attend the four day seminar entitled: 65th AMHOP National Convention and Scientific Meeting held at Quest Hotel and Convention Center, Angeles City, Pampanga.
- Ensure strict implementation of standards, guidelines, and procedures of MCCOD
- Coordinate with DOH in the capacity building of Local Health Office personnel
- Facilitate direct and timely transmission of all death certificates to the LCR
- Oversee the proper use and implementation of verbal autopsy in certifying the cause of death; and
- Ensure employment of sufficient manpower to facilitate the timely certification, review and transmission of death certificates to LCR
*Verbal Autopsy shall be employed in the following cases:
- Medically unattended deaths
- DOA cases
- Delayed registration of death
- Deaths where immediate burial prior to registration is permitted
- Deaths requiring medico-legal investigation, but where a medico-legal officer is unavailable.
*Verbal Autopsy procedures and tools shall follow the standards and guidelines issued by the DOH, aligned with international standards.
(Article by: Jeric Mallari of RHU 2)