Last September 26, 2017, the Municipal Public Transport Route Council of Baliwag (MPTRCB) convened for their first regular meeting upon the call of Mr. Enrique V. Tagle, Municipal Administrator of the Local Government of Baliwag, Bulacan. The meeting was held at 2:00 pm at the Board Room, 2/F Municipal Building, Baliwag, Bulacan.
MPTRCB is a response to the mandate of Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No. 001, series of 2017, dated 19 June, 2017 of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) and Department of Transportation (DOTr) to prepare and issue local ordinances concerning the Local Public Transport Route Plan (LPTRP).
The meeting were attended by the following:
(1) Enrique V. Tagle, the Municipal Administrator who then presided the meeting
(2) Roberto E. Santos, Baliwag Traffic Management Office (BTMO) Chief;
(3) PSI Jerico L. Redon, representative from Philippine National Police Baliwag;
(4) Alfredo Arabal, representative from the passenger group;
(5) Catalino L. Carpio, President of Baliwag TODA Federation;
(6) Cesar Valmeo, representative of Jeepney Drivers and Operators’ Ssociation in Baliwag;
(7) Boyet B. Castro and Gilbert Robles of Baliwag Transit, Inc. and Golden Bee Transport, Inc.;
(8) Bienvenido Gonzales, President of Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Baliwag, Inc.;
(9) Atty. Robert John Donesa, President of Baliwag Polytechnic College;
(10) Sheryl Mae Ortega, representative from the transport group of SM City Baliwag;
(11) Avel Robles, representative of ABC President Luciano B. Robes;
(12) Francis Pineda, representative from Baliwag Traffic Management Office (BTMO);
(13) Clarinda Guanzon, representative from the Office of the Municipal Administrator; and
(14) Rodrigo B. Torres, III, representative from the Business Permit and Licensing Office (BPLO).
According to Executive Order No. 25, Series of 2017 of Mayor Ferdinand V. Estrella, the MPTRCB shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) Preparing the Local Public Transport Plan (LPTRP) based on and/or consistent with the Manual prescribed in Joint Memorandum Circular No. 001, series of 2017, dated 19 June, 2017 of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) and Department of Transportation (DOTr); and
(2) Submitting the same to the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) for review, copy furnished the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), within six (6) months from the formal notice of the DOTr.
According to Mr. Tagle, pending the issuance of the LPTRP Manual by the DOTr, the MPTRCB is directed to gather initial data pertaining to traffic management. Through this proactive approach, the municipality can adopt accordingly to the intent of the JMC.
The issuance of the LPTRP Manual by the DOTr is crucial to the task of the MPTRCB because it shall be the primary reference of the LPTRP for the minimum requirements, the criteria and/or standards set for each LGU class, and the evaluation procedures of the LPTRP submissions.
There will be succeeding meetings for LPTRP preparation. The MPTRCB will invite various stakeholders and partners towards making an effective and efficient plan.
Photo: c/o Atty. Robert John Inocencio Donesa (as uploaded in his Facebook account)