It was that on Synergeia workshop when Mayor Ferdie really had a cathartic moment for education. While admitedly, he was just an average student, playful but pragmatic, he was not as keen about details such as participation rate, cohort survival or how education can work to build a community.
Sana mainvite natin one time si Gov Migz para makapagbahagi siya ng mga magagandang istorya at hamon na kanilang pinagdaanan noong kanya pa lamang binubuo ang magiging mabungang kasaysayan para sa isang katatayo at nagsariling lalawigan. There were only four schools in the newly-founded province of Saranggani. He knew education must be prioritized but there were very limited funds to spend. He had to mobilize the business sector to fill the gaps. He was community developer, class A communicator. Gov Migs didnt believe on passing messages, or letting his people do the dirty work. Kaya, he would organize communities to speak about putting up schools. By the time he finished his term as governor, he managed to open schools and increased peoples’ awarness how to make education work.
We need to PUSH OUR BARANGAY LEADERS TO TAKE MORE ACTION to increase their participation in the education of every child in the barangays or ensure that there will be special programs implemented to STRENGTHEN THE SCHOOL GOVERNING COUNCILS to task them to watch the level of participation of children. Walang batang Baliwagenyo ang dapat nasa Lansangan. We must collectively act to work on participation rate level between 90-95% from 77%
Increasing Participation Rate
1. Getting an accurate baseline data will be crucial to our program. An appraisal every year must be done by all sectors in the barangay. A methodology must be agreed by all sectors and identify children who may be the affected
2. Engage parents and organize parent effectiveness seminar.
3. Construction of highschools in the brgys.
4. Engage into other intelligence such as sports
5. Launch hatid sundo program